Workshops & Lectures
Motivational and vibrantly entertaining lectures, talks, workshops and interactive seminars are available at the drop of a top-hat. See below for available topics to be mixed and spliced as you please.
- Beautality is a reality check of the perceived ‘beauty’ and glamour of today. A look behind the often brutal scenes of what is considered ‘beautiful’ and why, examining the history of art, the modern industries and the not so obvious agendas.
- The Science of Posing is a close look at the shape and form of sex appeal. Having being a spokesmodel for luxury lingerie, devised lectures for skincare brands and interactive workshop events for positive body image projects in the community, Purrfit leader Kirsty has an arsenal of quirky materials, activities and an exciting presentation to offer. A blend of art history, evolutionary psychology, beauty marketing (and unique experience on both sides of the camera) she provides a fascinating new insight that challenges global and personal perspectives of body image whilst providing a refreshing and practical guide on the ‘how to’ tips and tricks for your own holiday snaps – and why it all makes purrfit sense.
- Gender in a Blender is a deconstruction of gender roles. Why is it pink for a girl and blue for a boy? Who decided? What is a ‘woman’s role’ and a ‘man’s job’? A quirky ride through time examining the societal and domestic roles of men and women - and the implications of their ‘sexes’ and confusingly assigned genders that permeate our culture and thinking today. Male Gaze versus male gays, the hysterical advent of the ‘wondering womb’ and more reasons why we are an engendered species.
- Burlesque in Briefs is a rollicking history of burlesquing. With a wealth of knowledge and experience in burlesque theatre – it’s history and the modern resurgence, Kirsty is available to speak in an multitudes of depths, on various topics in a style that is both engaging and enlightening. From the brevity of and changing style in costumes (and the significance in time) to the role of women in a gender-blending industry to a history of the genre and it’s heroes, heroines and heretics, the Ministry of Burlesque’s founder is sure to deliver one hell of a sermon.
- Heroine Addiction is a celebration of unexpected heroines. From ancient feminists to subversive submissives, power lies beneath unusual layers with legend galvanised by taboo, truth – and t*ts.